Monday, April 16, 2018

Apr. 16, 2018 in Ellsworth, Maine

Hello!!

Sorry, this week will have to be quick, we had Zone Pday.

K. and two new people came to church!!!!! :D     N. who we met this week, who like P. last week rejected us at first but then changed his mind as we causally talked, came to church! He loved it, said it was even better than he thought! He knew K. actually and sat by her in Sunday School. We had a lesson with a member on Wednesday with J. who watched General Conference, and he had tons of questions as usual. The member did a great job inviting him to church. He told him over and over, “come and see.” J. thought about it all week and I almost cried as I was standing there talking with N. who showed up early, and looked down the hall to see J. walking in! 😊 And right behind him was a less active member who we’ve been working with! Wow, there are a lot of exclamation points in there, but nothing makes me more happy than people showing up for church! :) Same for the ward! Because of the new people at church and all we’ve done with quick visits, memorizing all the kids and youths names, and other things, 8 men from the ward came up and asked if they could come teach with us this week!! Another texted last night to confirm a meal appointment this week and said he’s free to come teach any time we want him! We also have members feeding us every day this week, as well as a few who we had to ask to do next week instead! Haha, ya, life rocks! ;)

Elder Powell and I both gave talks Sunday, as well as taught sharing time in primary so it was a BUSY Sunday! It reminded me of teaching my primary class of 6 and 7 year-olds back home and I just wanted to tell any of them who’s families read my letters that I love each of them and miss them a ton! ❤️

I was SO PROUD of our ward!! Members came and met both our new friends at church, and invited our friends to sit with them. If people don’t feel welcomed at church, they won’t want to come back, it’s as simple as that!

P. is doing well, he is so excited to learn and try it out. We taught him this week and when we asked to leave with a prayer, he remembered from the first time we visited, and was kneeling down on the floor before we were! 😂     D. is good, we’re seeing him tomorrow. We don’t think he, as well as two of our solid families, really understand what it means if we come to know the Book of Mormon is true. We’ll work on that. :)

It’s the last week of the transfer and I only have two more full ones (and a month at the end but then I have to come home 2 weeks early for school) which makes me want to cry! I love it out here.

I love the words of a song by The National Parks called “Wherever I go”. It says, “And when everything is different, some things never change. It’s the light in the eyes and the love that stays the same... And wherever I go, I’m home.”

Love,
Elder Branch :)





No comments:

Post a Comment